About the Journal
Aims and Scope
International Journal of Health Sciences is a forum for scholarly and state-of-the-art research into all aspects of health sciences education. It will publish empirical studies as well as discussions of theoretical issues and practical implications. The primary focus of the Journal is linking theory to practice, thus priority will be given to papers that have a sound theoretical basis and strong methodology. See more...
Publication Ethics and Publication Malpractice Statement
International Journal of Health Sciences (IJHS). ISSN 2550-696X (Online) ISSN 2550-6978 (Print), and its Publisher, Universidad Técnica de Manabí (UTM), are dedicated to following best practices on ethical matters, errors, and retractions. The prevention of publication malpractice is one of the important responsibilities of the editorial board. Any kind of unethical behavior is not acceptable, and the Editorial Board of this journal does not tolerate plagiarism in any form. Authors submitting articles to the International Journal of Health Sciences that manuscript contents are original. See more...
Quality is at the heart of the International Journal of Health Sciences. Acting with integrity and transparency, we seek to build partnerships with authors, editors and readers alike. As such, this journal will:
Peer Review Process
Reviewers play an essential part in science and in scholarly publishing. Scientists and scholars have relied upon peer review to validate research, engage other specialists in the support of submitted work, and increase networking possibilities within specific specialist communities. See more...
Lag Time and Acceptance Rate
Statement on Open Access
The International Journal of Health Sciences supports open access. There are no fees to individual authors, and authors are allowed to self-archive their work. The cost of publishing the journal is subsidized by Universidad Tecnica de Manabi and the Ministry of Education and LKP ScienceScholar Institution. Reproduction, posting, transmission or other distribution or use of the article or any material therein, in any medium as permitted by a personal-use exemption or by written agreement of the journal, requires credit to the International Journal of Health Sciences as the copyright holder. See more...
IJHS began publication in 2017. A decision was made to streamline IJHS to meet the need for specialized journals in areas of study aligned with the interdisciplinary strengths of the university. The revamped IJHS is now an international peer-reviewed journal devoted to the publication of original papers. It serves as a forum for practical approaches to improving quality in issues pertaining to health science as well as scientific research, particularly in Av. Urbina y Che Guevara, APARTADO: 82, Universidad Tecnica de Manabi (Ecuador/South America). See more...
The International Journal of Health Sciences is issued three times a year. See more...
Authors can 'self-archive' their articles in digital form on their personal homepages, funder repositories or their institutions' archives provided that they link back to the original source on the IJHS website. Authors can archive pre-print, post-print or the publisher's version of their work.
Ecuador National Library
Senescyt-Ministry of Higher Education, Science, Technology and Innovation. See more...
Material published in IJHS is done so under a CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 Licence, with copyright remaining with the author.
- Articles published online in IJHS cannot be published in another journal without the explicit approval of the IJHS Editors;
- Authors can 'self-archive' their articles in digital form on their personal homepages, funder repositories or their institutions' archives provided that they link back to the original source on the IJHS website. Authors can archive pre-print, post-print or the publisher's version of their work.
- Authors agree that submitted articles to IJHS will be submitted to various abstracting, indexing and archiving services as selected by IJHS. See more...
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party. Registered users will receive notifications about submission or review processes in which they are involved and emails related to their role in the processes. Articles will be published with a correspondence email address for the corresponding author. Please read our privacy statement. See more...
Publish With Us
IJHS is targeted at publishing the most influential research on international students in the world to a multidisciplinary audience:
- High ranking: Rigorous peer review of your research in a top-ranked journal in international education and higher education.
- Worldwide representation: More than 250 scholars based in 36+ countries have submitted and published articles in the journal. More than half of our articles include authors from Asia, Africa, Europe, Australia, and South America.
- Online first publishing: We aim to provide initial decisions within 90 days from new manuscript submission and publish accepted manuscripts in 'Online First' format for the forthcoming issue.
- Global exposure: The combination of ranking, open-access, and indexing in all major academic databases increases the discoverability and citation of your work.